Sagarmatha Power Company (P) Limited (SPCL) was established and registered with His Majesty's Government of Nepal in September 10, 1997 (Bhadra 25, 2054) under the Company Act 1997 with the objective of:
- Utilization of water resources for production of electrical energy within the framework of the Hydropower Development Policy 1992 (2049) and the Electricity Act 1992 (2049).
- Augmentation of public sector electric supply system for efficiently meeting the growing domestic demand; and
- Entering into direct distribution and sales of electricity to domestic as well as foreign consumers.
Specially, SPCL has the following objectives in mind :-
- To plan, investigate, design, build, own and operate small and medium size hydropower projects;
- To undertake management contracts for operation of hydropower projects;
- To undertake the rehabilitation works of hydropower projects;
- To provide engineering and other consulting services for hydropower development and power related sector; and
- To collaborate, if required, with foreign firms as well as local firms for achieving the above objectives.
- The birth of SPCL was a culmination of effort of the principals with all determinations and commitments of its directors who have got long & wide professional and management experiences of proven quality.
SPCL's main motto is "Provide management services of highest professional standard in the field of hydro-power to ensure client satisfaction and reputation for excellence".